General law and policy
- New Jersey State League of Municipalities – an important advocacy group for NJ municipalities.
- New Jersey Clerks Desk Reference – the go-to guide for Municipal Clerks
- NJ Permanent Statues – a listing of all New Jersey statutes with search capability
- NJ Legal Process – from Wikipedia
NJ municipal Code on-line
- NJ Foundation for Open Government – NJFOG An advocacy group that advances governmental transparency.
- NJ OPRA Law Reporter – OPRA case law updates for New Jersey public officials
- Government Records Council OPRA Court Decisions – Broken into categories.
- NJ OPRA Blog
- Could Open Data Stop Abuse Of New Jersey’s OPRA Law?
Government Records Council (GRC)
The Government Records Council (GRC) operates a toll-free inquiry hotline to provide guidance to requestors of government records and records custodians regarding the Open Public Records Act (OPRA). The toll-free phone number is 1-866-850-0511.
Additionally, the GRC accepts inquiries from requestors of government records and records custodians regarding OPRA through any of the following methods:
Hand-delivery: 101 South Broad Street, Trenton NJ
U.S. Mail: PO Box 819, Trenton, NJ 08625
Records damaged and lost
- https://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/fire-1973.html Military records lost in massive fire
- http://americancityandcounty.com/products-work/new-york-county-salvages-1700-storm-damaged-boxes-court-records NY county salvages 1,700 storm-damaged boxes of court records
Joint Insurance Fund webinars
Since 1985, the MEL system has become one of the most successful shared services programs in the state’s history – saving New Jersey taxpayers over $1.1 billion to date. The MEL is a governmental entity that provides excess insurance and services to 19 local Joint Insurance Funds (JIFs) representing over 72% of local governments in New Jersey including 375 municipalities, 72 utility authorities, 89 housing authorities and 39 Fire/First Aid Districts. With an annual budget of $210 million and a statutory surplus of over $175 million, New Jersey’s MEL system is the largest municipal property/casualty risk pool in the country.
- http://www.njmel.org/images/Technology_Risk/BLGRC-managing-technology-risks.pdf Digital risk
- http://www.njmel.org/index.php/16-videos/60-management-webinars Includes webinars about a variety of risk related topics. It’s great!