Many families and local organizations have shared with us their collections of documents, letters, photos, postcards, maps, and more. So, are you ready to be a contributor to Borough On the Record?
If you have items from Allendale’s past, why not share them? Send us what you have – snail mail, email, drop off. We scan and process each item, then return everything to you typically within a week or two. We don’t keep anything. All we ask is to make your contributions part of our digital collection, available to future generations.
How it works
Everything is FREE. I digitize everything, then return digital images to you. All I ask is your permission to share the digital images as part of the Borough On The Record collection.
Send me the items
- If you’re in the Allendale area, drop off your items.
- Out of the area, mail them.
- If you have done a good job digitizing them, email them.
- I use high resolution scanners to capture the best quality image of each item.
- Each document is processed with Optical Character Recognition to permit word searching.
- Each digital file is named using a proprietary naming scheme I developed.
- I don’t keep anything. Typically, my work is done within a week or two.
- When processing is completed, I copy every digital image onto a CD or USB drive and return to you for your use.